Hearing loss is usually a slow process, making it easy to ignore the subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds. Even though children are frequently tested, the majority of adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less critical than your vision?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing tested regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be revealed by day-to-day situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people what they said? Do I need to turn up the TV volume? Do noisy settings make discussions challenging? If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing assessment.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every 10 years until age 50, and every three years thereafter.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing loss, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing tests provide a reference point for future hearing assessment comparisons, permitting you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, such as earwax buildup, or noise-related hearing loss, can be detected early on by regular hearing tests, preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can sometimes point to underlying medical disorders like diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Treating these conditions might improve your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have extensive consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Remaining alert to important sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully take part in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can enhance your general quality of life.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, your grandchildren’s laughter, or the voice of a loved one.
Make an appointment for a hearing examination with us right away to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.